The meaning of IJMB is simple and direct. IJMB means Interim Joint Matriculation Board. It is an Advanced Level program supervise and run by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. It allows successful students to gain admissions into 200 Level of almost all Nigerian universities in Nigeria, and candidates can study any course of their choice.
Normally, it is supposed to be a 10 months program, but since students are not going to resume at the same time, hence we have students who only ended up spending between 7 months and 5 months throughout the IJMB programme.
Since time has nothing to do with your result but your seriousness, and IJMB is not for the brainee or being brilliants students but for the determined heart who is ready to sacrifice time and energy with his/her books, it is going to be success all the way. While we do not want to make jest of the exam, we must say that the exam is not that difficult as being portrayed by many people, is just that that the interested candidates need to sit tight to pass the IJMB exam. We must tell you this, we have seen a student who started on February while the exam was going to be May in 2009, and he got 14 points out of the 16 points obtainable in total, a science student for that matter.
Another important factor is the issue of the lecturers, anywhere we posts students to, that means IJMB Alevel Registration have tested their method of teaching and that have attained a very high degree in their method of teaching. We do make sure that IJMB centres use lecturers that are IJMB inclined, how do you know those lecturers? Well, that’s why you have to let the right person lead you, because without the right lecturers for the right subject, definitely IJMB students will have problem if not problems
IJMB will allowed you to choose three courses/subjects that are related to what you want to study in the university of your choice. The highest point for each course is five(5) points, which is denoted by A. That is, all the three courses will have fifteen (15) points in total, with an addiction of one (1) if in the three courses/subjects you don’t have F(fail) which stands for 0 points. Making a total of sixteen points (16) all together.
Point Being Given In IJMB
A = 5 courses/subjects
B = 4 points
C = 3 points
D = 2 points
E = 1 points
F = 0 points
For you to be considered as being passed in IJMB exam you must scored a minimum of 5 points in total i,e EDE stands for (1+2+1) which is five (5) points.
While IJMB Is Better Than Other Programs
It is worthy to notes, that before JAMB/UTME comes to existence, IJMB was only the tool used to gain admission then, ask these many professors they will confirm it to you. The same problem facing other sectors in Nigeria have huge effect on Nigeria education sector, hence, you find few people that only know little about IJMB this days.
IJMB versus JAMB And Other Programs
1. The result takes whopping of 7 years to expire unlike your JAMB that is only for a year.
2. You can use it over and over again
3. You can still be doing it and apply for JAMB if you want to kill two birds with a stone
4. You will have higher PGD in your university as is going to be divided by 3years not four years not four years like others who used JAMB.
5. You have more advantages of being admitted unlike those used JAMB since IJMB students are very fewer in ratio.
6. I have come across with many educated parents that told me, if my children doesn’t used IJMB result to gain admission into university, doesn’t really bother me, all I want from them is to have first hand experience with A’level program before gaining admission fully to university – yes, this is what is seen in other advanced climes, you just have to studied a year with Advanced program before gaining admission fully to university of choice. See the breaking down of the IJMB school fees at our IJMB centres.